Summer break is nearly over and soon I'll be returning to school. As a summary of the summary, here are the things I learned:
1. Time Management
It's key. Really. Life functions on good time mangement. It was a hective summer, balancing summer work for school, personal summer work (I won't delve into the details. Maybe later?), the blog (nearly 5 posts a week) and other things.
Good thing Blogger and other programs have time management tools or else I don't know what I'd do.
2. There's a little truth to High School Musical 2.
Never thought I'd say that but... It's true. Granted, my summer didn't involve dancing and singing 20-something-year-olds pretending to be 17-year old high school seniors, but that bittersweet feeling of leaving is there. The last summer. The number of summer breaks dwindle down and soon I'll have none.
3. Art is so tiring sometimes.
I love art, I really do, but sometimes it tires me out. The constant need for innovation. I'm really hard on myself when it comes to art and sometimes I just want to scream and tear the whole thing apart.
4. Rice tastes really good.
Rice is so helpful cutting down the greasy feeling after eating fried foods. I'm not kidding on that one. Brown rice is very boring though.
Oh yeah, I'm feeling a weird combination of anticipation and annoyance towards the new school year. Yeah.
Since this is a book review blog too, here are my Top 5 Summer Lists.
Top 5 YA books I Liked and Reviewed This Summer:
1. Amelia Anne is Dead and Gone. (Beautiful writing.)
3. Daughter of Smoke and Bone (I actually read this last year, but reviewed it over the summer.)
5. Saving June
Top 5 Adult Books I liked and Reviewed This Summer
1. Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami
2. A Hundred Flowers by Gail Tsukiyama
3. The Buddha in the Attic by Julie Otsuka
4. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro (Read this two years ago, but reviewed it this summer.)
That's it. Summer's drawing to a close and I find myself completely backlogged by life.