1. First off, why the twitter handle, @book_ninja?
I have no idea where I came up with the handle. It even amazes me. I’m just lucky that I didn’t choose @LindaisaStalker. It all works out, though. I am so fortunate to be able to blog at Mission to Read and it works great with my twitter. Also, I’m flabbergasted that I will be celebrating my twitterversary on the 6th. Yay!
2. I've noticed that you read and review a lot of romance novels. How do you feel towards the flack that's been given to the romance genre? Shallow, etc.?
I understand the flack. I even join in sometimes. I read romance for the smut that YA can’t provide, but I will never expect an exceptionally emotional coming-of-age story I can find in young adult books. I do recommend that mature bloggers try some romance books. They aren’t just a half-naked guy on the cover. Everyone has different tastes and we all can learn to accept that.
3. You're still a college student right? How do you balance blogging (and big TBR piles) with school?
Yep. It’s incredibly tough trying to juggle school, work, reading, writing, and blogging. I wouldn’t do it if I didn’t love it. Making to-do lists helps me keep track of things. Taking things one at a time help, too. Plus, I don’t format my posts. Rie, the awesome blogger behind M2R (Mission to Read) does a lot of the dirty work.
4. What's the best part of blogging?
The community. I could spend all day on twitter with people who love books just as much as I do. They make me laugh and I’m always there in support of fellow bloggers. Book bloggers have problems, but we share the same problems. I can’t be more proud to be part of such a tight-knit community.
5. I'm a stalker... (hahaha, I'm joking, of course) but what's the best part of living in Florida? The worst?
You go, Alice. Isn’t stalking fun?! The best part? I’d have to say my friends. Read: my friends’ annual passes to Disney World and Universal. The worst? Did I ever mention how bipolar Florida weather is? We are definitely not the Sunshine State.
6. Favorite book that you've read recently and why?
Thank you for not asking about my all-time favorite. That would give me nerves. I loved The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It continues to be my favorite book since January. You can’t find any relationship like the one Hazel and Augustus have. John Green is beast!
7. What does the blogging world, especially the book blogging world, need more of?
I can tell you what we need less of. CAPTCHA. Get rid of it, folks. Anyway, back to the question. We need more support outside of the book blogger community. We’ve been receiving some hate from authors and librarians. I’d like to re-establish a better relationship with them. We’re all here for the promotion of books and neither of us can thrive without the other.
8. How would you describe yourself in 5 adjectives?
Spazzy. Nerdy. Weird. Dedicated. Awesome.
9. What was the original motivation for you behind blogging?
I have always loved books, so it was like a dream to discover the book blogging world. I joined because if you’re going to obsess over book, you might as well obsess while reviewing it and sharing your thoughts with other people.
10. Last Question! Favorite word?
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia. Try and say that ten times fast.
Thank you for having me, Alice. You’re fantastic and it’s an honor to be interviewed by you.
Linda, it was fun having you! :)
Come back next Tuesday for another installation of Blogger Tuesday!